Michael Grubb Studio has been appointed (once again) by Diageo to provide an exterior Lighting Masterplan for the Guinness Storehouse site.
St. James’s Gate Brewery was founded in 1759 in Dublin, Ireland, by Arthur Guinness. Originally leased in 1759 to Arthur Guinness at £45 per year for 9,000 years, St. James’s Gate has been the home of Guinness ever since, with the site growing from 1 acre to over 64 acres.
The building in which the Storehouse is located was constructed in 1902 as a fermentation plant for the St. James’s Gate Brewery (where yeast is added to the brew). The building was designed in the style of the Chicago School of Architecture and was the first multi-storey steel-framed building to be constructed in Ireland.
In 1997, it was decided to convert the building into the Guinness Storehouse, opening as a visitor attraction.
The Guinness Storehouse explains the history of Guinness. The story is told through various interactive exhibition areas including ingredients, brewing, transport, cooperage, advertising and sponsorship. Based in Dublin, it is Irelands most visited attraction.