Brent Cross South
We are delighted to announce that Michael Grubb Studio has been appointed by Argent to provide a sitewide Lighting Masterplan for Brent Cross South (BSX).
Brent Cross South town centre will be a welcoming place which focuses on local needs and provides amenities for a diverse residential and business community. It will be connected to Brent Cross shopping centre by a new pedestrian and cycle bridge over the North Circular Road.
A new high street, in the centre of the development, will provide a mix of shops and restaurants in attractive new public spaces. It will be a place where people can enjoy spending time both during the week and at the weekend.
A cluster of new office buildings around the new Brent Cross West Thameslink station, as well as flexible small business spaces adjacent to the new High Street, will make BXS a great place to work or start a business.
The BXS site will deliver:
- 6,700 new homes with a mix of sale, rental and affordable homes.
- 3+ million square feet of new office space providing over 25,000 jobs.
- A new High Street, with local shops and restaurants.
- Improved transport connections, with the new Brent Cross West Thameslink station serving the area.
- Better walking and cycle routes.
- New bridges over the North Circular Road, Midland Main Line and Hendon Way.
- New squares and parks with inspiring places for children to play.
- New and improved community facilities.
Argent Related and Barnet Council have entered into a joint venture partnership, BXS LP, to deliver Brent Cross South. The Council is working with Hammerson and Aberdeen Standard Life to redevelop the Brent Cross Shopping Centre to the north.
Michael Grubb Studio’s scope includes the Lighting Masterplan and then detailed design and Employers Requirements for various projects across the site. The wider design team consists of ShedKH, Studio Egret West, ARUP, Buro Happold, Steer and landscape architects Gillespies.